How to share Wi-Fi password from iPhone with others
The most popular way of sharing Wi-Fi password is by using a passcode lock. But the problem with this method is that the password must be entered every time the user wants to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
The solution is to use an iPhone app, which allows users to share their Wi-Fi password with others in real time. The app can be used for both personal and business purposes. For example, it can be used for sharing your business’s Wi-Fi password with clients or colleagues when you are on a meeting or away from your office. Also Read – How you can get 5G on iPhone in India before others
Users can share their password not just with iPhone users but iPad, iPhone or MacBook users as well. Wondering how? Follow these steps but before that here are a few things to keep in mind
- Make sure both devices have the latest version of iOS, iPadOS or macOS.
- If one wants to share their Wi-Fi password with others, ensure they are in the contact list
- Both devices should have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on
- Switch of the Personal Hotspot on either devices, if it is on
- Do make sure that the email address one uses for their Apple ID is saved in the other person’s Contacts.
- Also, make sure that have their email address saved in your Contacts.
- Make sure that the device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Keep the other person’s device nearby, within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range
Now, follow these two simple steps to share the Wi-Fi password
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- Now on the device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
Do keep in mind that the option will not show up unless and until the person’s email address is saved in your contacts. So this is not an “automatic” feature that will show up any time or every time and works with the select few people only.