How to protect your account on Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp
Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp are the most used social media platforms in the world. They have a huge user base and are constantly growing.
It is important to protect your account on these platforms because they are becoming increasingly popular and it is easy to get scammed by fake accounts or bots. In this post we will discuss how to protect your account from these types of attacks. .
The best way to protect your account on the internet is via a VPN. It allows you to stream, unblock and access content from anywhere in the world without being monitored or tracked by government websites. A VPN encrypts your traffic so that no one can see what you are doing online, so if someone tries to hack into your account it will look like they are hacking into an anonymous server overseas.
A VPN is a connection method to conceal your online identity. It will help you browse the Internet safely and securely and avoid being tracked by Facebook or any other surveillance system. Most people don’t know that VPNs are available for free.
Without VPN protect your account.
1. Change privacy settings to only friends: This will separate your public life from your personal life.
2. Remove your personal profile from search engine results: Go to the Settings and Privacy section on Facebook, and control whether a search engine will show your profile in search results or not.
3. Enable two-factor authentication: Users will have to confirm their identity while logging in from a different device that Facebook does not identify.
4. Activate and manage your alerts: Ensure that login alerts and approvals are activated to keep track if someone logs into the account from a different device.
5. Update privacy settings: Ensure that all of your privacy-related settings are up to date.
6. Assign different roles to people who manage your Page: Assign different Page roles to different people to limit the amount of access a person has.
Here’s how you can protect your account on Instagram:
1. Enable two-factor authentication: Users will have to confirm their identity before in case they are logging in from a different device.
2. Update phone number and email: Enter a valid phone number and email address.
3. Instagram never sends a DM: Instagram will never send you a DM or message request. It is suggested to not accept such messages.
4. Report content and accounts that are suspicious: Immediately report the content or account that looks suspicious.
Here’s how you can protect your account on WhatsApp:
1. Do not share the registration code or two-step verification PIN with others.
2. Enable two-step authentication and add an email address in case you forgot the PIN.
3. Set a device code.
4. Keep an eye on who has access to your phone. In case someone has physical access to your phone, the person may use your WhatsApp account without your permission.
Also Read – How to remove and add Reel to your profile grid on Instagram