Zomato Introduces In-App UPI Payments for Seamless Transactions: Here’s How it Works
Prepend to the content
- Zomato UPI enables hassle-free activation and setup of UPI ID within the app itself
- Users can conveniently make payments within the Zomato app using Zomato UPI
- Zomato plans to expand the UPI service to all users soon and establish partnerships with more banks
In a move to compete with established Unified Payments Interface (UPI) apps like Paytm and Google Pay, Indian online food delivery platform Zomato has introduced its own UPI service in collaboration with ICICI Bank. With this launch, Zomato users now have the option to make instant payments for their food bills using their Zomato UPI account. By eliminating the need for additional steps or switching between different payment apps, Zomato aims to provide a seamless and streamlined payment experience for its users. This strategic move positions Zomato as a strong contender in the fiercely competitive UPI space, challenging the dominance of existing players in the market.
What is Zomato UPI and How it Works?
Zomato UPI is a recently introduced feature that allows users to create a new UPI ID within the Zomato app. With this feature, users can make payments directly through the Zomato app, eliminating the need to switch to external payment apps like Google Pay or Paytm. The aim of Zomato UPI is to simplify the payment process and encourage users to opt for UPI payments instead of cash-on-delivery (COD) orders. By offering a more streamlined payment experience, Zomato hopes to make UPI payments more convenient and appealing for its customers.
How to Setup Zomato UPI?
To set up and use Zomato UPI, follow these steps:
- Open the Zomato app on your device.
- Navigate to your Zomato account profile.
- Scroll down until you find the option for Zomato UPI.
- Tap on “Activate Zomato UPI.”
- Choose and set your preferred Zomato UPI ID.
- When prompted, select your mobile number.
- Link your bank account to the Zomato app for convenient payments.
It’s important to note that currently, Zomato UPI is only available to a limited group of users as part of a pilot program. However, the service is expected to be rolled out to all Zomato users in the coming months. Initially, Zomato has partnered with ICICI Bank for this service, but there are plans to collaborate with more banks in the near future, expanding the options available for users.
The post Zomato Introduces In-App UPI Payments for Seamless Transactions: Here’s How it Works appeared first on Pricebaba.com Daily.