Summer Release Date for Historical Thriller Firebrand Has Been Set
Prepend to the content
Earlier, a screening of the Jude Law/Alicia Vikander historical thriller took place at the Cannes Film Festival this year and now is ready for a theatrical release. Firebrand tells the story of Henry VIII’s sixth and final wife Katherine Parr (Vikander) as she survives the chaos the king foments in his dying days, based on Elizabeth Fremantle’s 2013 novel Queen’s Gambit.
Firebrand Release Date
The movie is all set for a summer release! According to reports, Firebrand will grace the screens on June 21, 2024.
Firebrand Cast Members
The cast members include,
- Jude Law as Henry VIII
- Alicia Vikander as Katherine Parr
- Eddie Marsan as Edward Seymour
- Erin Doherty as Anne Askew
- Mia Threapleton as Joan Bocher
- Sam Riley as Thomas Seymour
- Simon Russell Beale as Stephen Gardiner
- Bryony Hannah as Ellen
- Ruby Bentall as Cat
- Amr Waked as Dr. Mulay Al-Farabi
- Anna Mawn as Agnes Howard
- Patsy Ferran as Princess Mary
- Paul Tinto as Stowe
- Edward Harrison as John Gates
- Jason Baughan as Will Sommers
- Ian Drysdale as Sir Anthony Denny
- Junia Rees as Princess Elizabeth
- Ashleigh Reynolds as Leo
- Milo MacKenzie as Young Page
- Richard Taylor as John Dudley
- Julian Clapton as Courtier
- Norman Bowman as Sir William Herbert
- Patrick Buckley as Prince Edward
The movie has been directed by Brazilian director Karim Ainouz and was written by Henrietta Ashworth and Jessica Ashworth.
Who Was Katherine Parr?
The British noblewoman Katherine Parr, who was married and widowed twice before meeting Henry VIII, was married to him in 1543. Henry’s previous five marriages, Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard, Wives 2 and 5, ended in divorce or death. During Henry’s trip to France to command England’s army, she served as regent in Henry’s stead when he was away and became close to Henry’s children, especially Elizabeth (who would ultimately become Queen herself). As a result of their troubled marriage, Henry once issued a warrant for her arrest. However, they reconciled and remained united until he died in 1547. Katherine married again after Henry’s death, but she died a year later of complications during childbirth. From 1933’s The Private Life of Charles VIII in which he was played by Charles Laughton, to 2008’s The Other Boleyn Girl in which he was portrayed by Eric Bana, Henry’s tumultuous life has been portrayed on screen several times. In another adaptation, Damian Lewis will return to Wolf Hall as Henry in Hilary Mantel’s The Mirror and the Light.
The post Summer Release Date for Historical Thriller Firebrand Has Been Set appeared first on Pricebaba.com Daily.